Friday, July 23, 2010

A House is not a Home

That is how the saying goes.   Makes a person think.

Where is home?  I would say Trujillo, Peru.  But I still own a house in Jackson, MS . . .  and it was a great house and a blessing while I lived there.  But it is now stressful!  I am not there.  My renter is moving out next week.  And I have no renter and no buyer yet.  I need to sell this home!  While I know God has plans for me, (and those plans are to prosper me and not to harm me), I cannot help but ask, "God what is the deal with my house in Jackson?"  He will provide for me, but that does not mean He will sell my home and for a profit at that, right now.  I know this, but still I must confess my lack of faith and doubt.  I worry.  He says not to, but I do.  I know He will provide.  He has done so abundantly in the past for me and I know He will again.  Know anyone that needs a house in Jackson? I have one for sell.


And even as I look at this photo, I am a bit sad to be selling it.  I really love this house.  It was the first house I owned that I nested in.  I actually did yard work, planted trees and flowers, and put up curtains!  (The one before this I lived in for 5 years and still had completely bare living room and dining room windows--drove my Mom mad, but never bothered me.)  I did home projects and stained concrete by the front door in this house.  The neighborhood is nice and fun and I even decorated for Christmas.


So, I know I need to sell it, but am a little sad to know I will never live there again.  But I cling to the promise of my Father, who prepares a house for me.  My real home is in heaven.  It is not here in Trujillo or Jackson.  This is temporary.   And my real home is much more grand than anything I've known before.  It is much more homey and I will nest there for eternity.  I am thankful to know that a house is not a home.  It is good to have faith and comfort in knowing where "home" really is--especially in stressful and/or sad times.  Thank you Lord for providing me an earthly home (whether it be my favorite house or my Peruvian apartment), but even more so, thank you for preparing a room for me in my heavenly home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so thankful that you have made your temporary home with us in Peru! You are truly part of our family. And we are so grateful that you let us use your wonderful SUV!!