Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Blessed Sunday

I had the privilege of joining Cristo Rey as an associate member this past Sunday. It was a wonderful Sunday worship. We had a small ceremony before the service started to accept me as an associate member. Prior to the service, I had asked if there was anything I had to do or just answer the standard questions. I was told, yes, just respond in the affirmative. Well, the ceremony was much more than this! It was several pages typed out single space. I professed my belief in Jesus Christ (in Spanish) before the Church and it was a beautiful ceremony. The pastor then prayed for me and it was such a sweet prayer. It really made the worship service extra special as a true member. And afterwards, my brothers and sisters were there to wish me "felicidades" (congratulations) and share in this special day with me!


 Pastor Jaime praying for me.


The ceremony.


Pastor Jaime and me after the service.


Each Sunday is such a wonderful time of worship with our Peruvian brothers and sisters, but then we also enjoy lunch at a missionary home with worship through song and prayer in English.  This Sunday everyone had a bit of football fever (it is fall there right?).  And so a few of the guys, and even some girls, enjoyed a game of football in the park Sunday afternoon also.   Enjoy a few photos from our slice of American fun on a Peruvian Sunday afternoon.




No comments: