Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

I was in a taxi on the way to work the other day when an unanswered question was answered. . . it went something like this.

Pull up to the red light at España and Larco.

Man selling q-tips, airfreshners and trash bags (yes this special combination of three is popular here apparently for what to sell at the stoplights). As he walks among the taxis, "Q-tips! Air Freshner! Trash Bags!" looking for a customer, I think to myself as I have many a time, "Who buys this stuff?  Q-tips off a street vendor? Someone doesn't have time to buy these and/or might need to clean his ears while driving? I do not get this."

My taxi driver:  "over here!"  And he buys a small thing of pink Q-tips and sets them on his dashboard.

Questioned answered.

No comments: