Sunday, January 25, 2009

Finally, it is here!


After six months from when I first started this journey to join Peru Mission, I am now ready to go.  The day is finally here!  I leave this Friday, January 30, to travel to Guatemala for language school.  I will be attending Casa Xela (pronounced "shay-loo") in Quetzelatango (my spelling is probably off, sorry).  I have never been to Guatemala and am excited about seeing the country, learning Spanish, and seeing what God has in store for me.  The Lord is sovereign and in control.  Where I am and when is all according to His divine plan.  

This process of raising funds, making plans to leave my home of over two years and live in another country for a couple of years requires a lot of planning, timing, etc.  And the Lord has provided abundantly for me.  What a faith builder to watch as He directs my path.  I was able to look at apartments while in Peru just a few weeks ago.  I found 2 that I loved and made an offer on one.  Everyone kept asking what would I do with my home here?  I had turned it over to the Lord.  He would show me what I needed to do.  I had a few ideas, but wasn't sure what it was I was supposed to do.  Less than 48 hours from arriving home, my apartment was rented for 18 months minimum to a great family.  Truly an aswered prayer!

I still need to find a home for my dog, Maggie (pictured above), and hopefully sell my car.  And yes, there are a thousand other minor details to do before the plane leaves Friday at 6:30 am!  But the Lord has brought me thus far and He will bring me home!  What a peace to know He is in control.  

Please be in prayer that the Lord will provide Maggie a home.  And that he will provide a buyer for my car.  And of course, that my transition to Guatemala will be easy in order for me to begin language school.  I pray that I am a quick student and that the Lord will give me an aptitude for learning a new language.

I am excited about this calling and honored to go and serve the Lord in Peru!  He is doing amazing things and I am excited about the opportunity to be a part of it.  Thank you for your support and prayers!



No comments: