Monday, August 30, 2010

Sundays at Cristo Rey

I love Sundays in Trujillo.  Each Sunday I get up and arrive at church around 8:30 a.m. to help set up.  We are renting a facility on Sunday mornings for our new church plant, Cristo Rey.  The last 2 Sundays I've helped a bit with the sound and general set up, but my main duty has been to prepare the wine and bread for communion.  We have Sunday School at 9:00 a.m. and then church begins at 10:30.  We are blessed to have some fine musicians, including one of our interns, Rachel Reese (playing violin).  What a glimpse of heaven to worship in a foreign land and tongue.  It is a constant reminder that we are all God's children and we all worship the same, living God.  He understands all of our worship and it is a sound of sweet music to His ears.  I am currently on the same time zone as my home church, First Presbyterian Church, Jackson, MS.  So it is neat to think that we are worshiping at the same time (our church is from about 10:30 to noon), albeit in very different fashions and in another language, to the one and only true God.

I thought you might enjoy a glimpse into church in Trujillo so here are a few videos.  The first is singing the confession of sins.  The second and third are Pastor Wes Baker administering the Lord's supper.  Enjoy!





No comments: