Friday, September 3, 2010

Uniquely Prepared

One of my favorite parts of my job is the work I do with the website and communications.  We launched a new website that looks fantastic thanks to Outbox Designs!  Just recently we added Blogs.  You can now read about our Fellowship Program, Medical Ministry and Church Planting on our website.  Check it out here:  Peru Mission.  And just last night I was trained by our friends at Outbox on how to use Emma, our new email system for e-bulletins, newsletters, and surveys.  It is so cool what it can do.  I am excited to see how God will use it help spread the good news of what He is doing here as well providing us needed feedback on our short term teams.  Through this we will be able to better serve the churches and people of Peru as well as the teams that come to visit.

It is cool to look back on my life and see how God uniquely prepared me for all the work I am doing here.  My passion for the past 10 years has been traveling, planning a trip, researching the options, making the reservations, planning the days, but leaving room for adventure.  And then he gave me a job as a Short-term coordinator!  I spent several years on the Board of Directors for a non-profit in Jackson, MS (Operation Shoestring) including 2 years as the President.  That time of learning about non-profits, budgets, etc. has been invaluable as I have enjoyed taking on more and more responsibility with our financial matters and administration of the Mission.  While in Jackson, I was honored to be a part of the Junior League of Jackson.  One of my favorite years was the year I was website chairman.  We completely redesigned the JLJ website and I learned a lot about web design, editing web pages, etc.  Again, quite useful as we recently redesigned the website for Peru Mission and next week we start on a new website for Peru Mission (in Spanish for our Peruvian friends). 

There is a lot going on here at Peru Mission.  It can be overwhelming when I try to do it all by myself, but then the Lord is gracious to remind me that anything I do apart from Him is for naught.  Only through Jesus Christ does my work have any meaning.  And He is the one who prepared me to do this work, brought me to this place, and walks with me each day.  I am so thankful for His love, mercy and faithfulness day by day. 

No comments: