Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Feliz Cumpleaños a mi!

I was so blessed to have a fantastic birthday!  It was the third birthday I've celebrated here in Peru and by far the best! May 1st was a Sunday and it started with the arrival of my friend Patty Kinsey, who was here to visit and work for 2 weeks. We went to church at Cristo Rey and then mission lunch. Allen and Sandi were kind enough to build me a brownie cake and sing happy birthday.  And in good Peruvian fashion Allen asked those present to share some encouraging words for me. It was a great way to celebrate. By the time we got home from lunch, another friend, Julie Breck was here also for 2 weeks to work and visit. We all attended my cell group meeting (where we had more cake) and then I was kidnapped and taken off by my friends from cell group. I was genuinely surprised when my blindfold was taken off and saw a room full of my friends to wish me well! We sang karoke and had a great time. I am so thankful for the many blessings my Lord has given me here, but especially the family and friends that he has provided!


Patty and I at missionary lunch.


One of my birthday "cakes".  :)


Allen Smith's birthday was April 30th and mine the next day
so cell group celebrated both together.


Along with one of our guests, who also had a birthday that day!


Excited for all my friends to be there:
Me, Julie, Kati, and Patty


I was so surprised!


Blowing out the candle on my final cake. Tres Leches!


Enjoying singing at karaoke.


Good times with Good friends.


Thanks to Hermes for planning it all!

No comments: