Friday, May 20, 2011

True Confession -- I am a Thief

There.  I admit it.  I steal ideas.  I like to think I can come up with my own grand ideas, but much of what I lack in creativity, I can steal from someone else.  My latest, greatest idea is stolen from my teammates.  It started with Whitney Ueltschey and her blog entries labeled "Daily Sighting".  Then, Sandi Smith stole it and called her blog entries, "Freezing Time".  The idea is simple: give our readers a glimpse into life here in Peru through photography without a lot of text.  Just let you see life through our eyes.  What we see each day and what we experience.  So, I am stealing the idea too.  I just love it!

Aaron Sussman said, "Photography is a means of recording forever the things one sees for a moment."  I thought that really summed it up. . . capturing forever what we see for a moment day to day.  So, I am embarking on a new, stolen idea.  Now, I don't have the talent they do for photography . . . so bear with my novice skills and welcome to my first "A Moment Captured" in Peru. 




View of the sunset from the Side of the Arévalo Church.

No comments: